HOW TO CREATE A GOOD STUDY SCHEDULE
As a student, creating a good study schedule is important as it helps you prioritize on the things that are of vital importance. Most students don’t plan or organize a study plan and that is where they lack. A good study schedule is important as it helps in getting through the exams and achieving desired goals.
Let’s look at some of the key points on how to create a good study schedule:
- Find out your learning pattern: Everyone has different learning styles and patterns which make them memorize subjects deeply. Some may follow visual representations such as images to make them get a clear vision of the topic. While some follow auditory practice where they speak to themselves and learn. Some may read and write about the subjects which they need to learn. In order to create a good study schedule, it is essential for you to know what type of learner you are.
- Create short-term and long-term goals: It will be easier to create and manage your subjects accordingly if you know what you want to achieve at the end. This will also help you identify areas that you need to prioritize. One must focus on the subjects that are of vital importance. Short-term goals might include passing a test in a week or memorizing some key points of a particular subject. While long-term goals might include getting into a certain college or working as an intern. To make these goals more manageable break down them into a week’s or a month’s time span.
- Enlist all the subjects you need to study: The first step in creating your study schedule is to list all the subjects and chapters you need to study and focus on. Putting your obligations on paper as in finding out important topics will help you get a conceptualized idea of what you really have to do. A student who wishes to score a high percentage must strategize as well as change their habits in order to gain a better score. The students must incorporate a complete overview of the chapters that are of higher priority which can be asked in the exam.
- Prioritize the subjects: Make a list of all the subjects that you need to study for according to the date sheet given. After you have listed all the subjects, figure out what you need to do for each and prioritize the list on that basis. This will help you figure out which topics you need to devote the most time and which subjects should get your best time slots. Strategize each of the individual subjects covering each subject individually enlisting the preparation tricks on how you can go about comprehending in preparing for each subject.
- Make study time a part of your daily custom: A focused and devoted student has a study schedule that he sticks to, come hell or high water. If you want to reach your goal for achieving higher percentage in the exams, you really need to make studying a daily habit. With this you must know the time which suits you the best. For most people, it’s the morning as your alertness is highest. It might be different for you and to figure out that start by picking one where you think you’re likely to do well. To attain your goal, you must give yourself at least an hour each day to complete one of your chapter or a particular topic.
- Reserve time for non-academic activities: The key to staying fresh and alert during long study sessions is to include timely breaks which can include the activities which make you feel relaxed and contented. While scheduling time for each subject, you also need to make sure that you are reserving time for yourself at priority, family and friends. Reason being, you won’t be able to concentrate and succeed at your studies unless you create a healthy balance between your personal and academic life. This increases study productivity and helps you achieve better results.
[ Also Read : IMPORTANCE OF EXTRA CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES IN SCHOOL ]